User Tag List

Thread: R33 GTST Front brake conversion for N113/N14/N15 Pulsar! - Brisbane, QLD 4078

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R33 GTST Front brake conversion for N113/N14/N15 Pulsar! - Brisbane, QLD 4078

For Sale/Wanted/Wrecking for_sale_parts
    Brief Description R33 GTST Front brake conversion for N113/N14/N15 Pulsar!
    Condition Used, Machined
    City/Town Brisbane
    State QLD
    Postcode 4078
    Contact Details PM Me here or Text me on 0423429843
    Price 700ono
    Details FOR SALE: R33 GTST Front brake conversion for N13/N14/N15 Pulsars and Exas! (Also suit NX Coupe!)

Up for sale is the following parts for a Big Brake Conversion!

N16 ABS Hubs, redrilled to 4x100 stud pattern
    R33 GTST Rotors, machined from 296mm to 288mm and redrilled to 4x100 to suit conversion
    R33 GTST 4 pot Sumitomo Calipers (Suit rebuild)
    Genuine OEM Rebuild kit for R33 GTST 4 pot Sumitomo Calipers
    Bendix Ultimate Brake Pads with heaps of meat left.

Extra info:
    The majority of the parts, and all of the machine work required for the conversion has been collected and carried out.
    All that's left to do is to sort the brake lines and rebuild the calipers. The standard banjo bolt can be used if you remove a re-stricter in the back of the calipers. Otherwise you can contact HEL Australia who are happy to make braided lines to suit the calipers and the car, last I checked this incurred no extra charge over their normal kits.

CALIPERS ARE TO SUIT REBUILD. A genuine OEM rebuild kit has been included with the calipers, any reputable brake shop can rebuild them for you no worries. Gives you the opportunity to paint the calipers up in whatever colour you like!

PLEASE NOTE NEW WHEEL BEARING KITS PICTURED NOT INCLUDED UNLESS PAID FOR
    While the bearings in the hubs spin freely, I intended to replace them. I can include new bearings and dust seals in the sale for an extra $120, these cost me $180.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: You will need to check wheel clearances, as this brake kit will not clear factory wheels without spacers. These calipers take up more room, so please note spoke design with your wheel choice.

Also ensure your BMC is up to the task. You need a 15/16 BMC. N15 SSS/VZR come standard as 15/16. same size as R33 GTST

PRICE: $700 Negotiable, add $120 with NEW Wheel Bearing Kits.
    Price is Pickup Only. If you have serious interest and require post, please message me as you will need to pay for courier due to weight.

ITEM LOCATED IN BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND. I can deliver around Brisbane within reason for a fee.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	1415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	1414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	1413  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will these fit on a gtir ?? What would i need to complete this conversation?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ridgy9 For This Useful Post:

estoibercora (15-09-2016)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, from what I've been told the tie rod mounting location in the gtir differs from the n12/n13/n14/n15/n16 location, probably due to lack of transfer case. Which means the hubs won't fit. You could however mock up brackets to bolt the Calipers to your gtir hubs. Rotors shouldn't need any modifying.

Other than that, nothing really, the brake line setup would be the same as I outlined In the original post

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you had any other questions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to roko59 For This Useful Post:

Cozzm0 (15-09-2016)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People have put them on GTI-R, and they will 'work', but the issue is if the car isn't lowered a lot, the different tie rod mounting position as mentioned by roko59, will cause a problem. Often longer tie rod ends need to be fitted to ensure there is a safe amount of thread on the rod once the car is aligned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It i choose to leave the hub and do adapter plates would this work better for me ? Any idea where i can get them ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    People have put them on GTI-R, and they will 'work', but the issue is if the car isn't lowered a lot, the different tie rod mounting position as mentioned by roko59, will cause a problem. Often longer tie rod ends need to be fitted to ensure there is a safe amount of thread on the rod once the car is aligned.
    Ah cool that's good to know! I guess that means the different mounting point would be due to a height difference in the suspension? Given the gtir was put into production for rally?

Quote Originally Posted by ridgy9 View Post
    It i choose to leave the hub and do adapter plates would this work better for me ? Any idea where i can get them ?

You would have to get a fabricator on the job most likely. Probably best to speak to an engineer on legal requirements if it's on a street car, you will need a mod plate/code for the brake upgrade to cover it and save yourself trouble with the police.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roko59 View Post
    Ah cool that's good to know! I guess that means the different mounting point would be due to a height difference in the suspension? Given the gtir was put into production for rally?
    The reason for the raised rack (and thus raised tie rod pickup points) is as mentioned to clear the diff housing where the tail shaft goes down the car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgy9 View Post

The reason for using the hubs is to not have to use adapter plates. It depends on the outcome you want. If you use adapter plates you can use any caliper you want within reason. including EVO, skyline, 350/370, ferrari, porsche, lambo, mercedes etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used n16 hubs on my gtir. My car sits fairly low though. I used maxima inner tie rods from memory.