User Tag List

Thread: Clutch recommendation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch recommendation

Anyone recommend an OEM replacement clutch for a big block ga?

I've heard CI are crap and people have had issues with exedy clutches on sr20s, does this also affect the ga?

I'm after something user friendly as it's going in my daily so no heavy duty business.

Cheers
    PNP HID, the AIDS of auto electrics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it on pretty much no authority that the problems with the Exedy clutches are reasonably specific to the SR ones as far as Pulsars go, and even then it's more the heavy duty ones that seem to flog out, based on what I've read.

For memory, I threw a ClutchPro on from Supercrap at mine while it was still GA, but that was just so that I could use the thing while I was prepping for the SR swap. Only set me back about $150 and had no issues with it, although I didn't even make 5,000km on it before the GA became a garden ornament so probably not the most useful input.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke to my local clutch joint and they reckon the same about the SR clutches exploding. They've had no issues with the exedy on GAs so I might trust them and go with one of them.

The exedy is also $150 for the kit so it's in the chat clutch bracket but it's going in a chat car so all is good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't go too far wrong for $150, I reckon. Should do the job of getting from A to B without too much hassle, there isn't a huge amount of torque loading for it to hold or anything.

If you can bear to read through the Bookface page, most of the people that have clutches flog out on them seem to be using the car much harder than is necessary and also seem to think that a HD clutch is going to be better than a regular one for laps of Lapa and such...
    A little bit of this car, a little bit of that car, mix it together and... it's still a heap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol lapa laps can get serious, especially if you've got a fake tow strap screwed to a plastic section of the bumper.