User Tag List

Thread: Clutch cable for N15S2 with SR20DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch cable for N15S2 with SR20DE

The clutch in my daily driver is feeling a bit "gritty" these days. It's coming up on 220,000km and I live in a hilly city, so I guess it's time to replace the clutch cable.

Lots of threads here saying that they're still available from the Nissan dealers - but they're all 5+ years old.

The local Nissan dealer is hopeless and likely to give me the wrong part. It looks like Amayama still have them for the 1.6 and 1.8L Pulsars, but an earlier thread indicates that they're not long enough for the SR20DE cars.

I've come up with the part number "30770-1M820" for the real cable. There are quite a few knock-offs about, like this:
    ClutchPro CLCNI004 Clutch Cable $65.41

Are any of the third party ones alright, or are they all rubbish? Would much prefer a Nissan one - even if it's 2-3 times the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred View Post
    The clutch in my daily driver is feeling a bit "gritty" these days. It's coming up on 220,000km and I live in a hilly city, so I guess it's time to replace the clutch cable.

Lots of threads here saying that they're still available from the Nissan dealers - but they're all 5+ years old.

The local Nissan dealer is hopeless and likely to give me the wrong part. It looks like Amayama still have them for the 1.6 and 1.8L Pulsars, but an earlier thread indicates that they're not long enough for the SR20DE cars.

I've come up with the part number "30770-1M820" for the real cable. There are quite a few knock-offs about, like this:
    ClutchPro CLCNI004 Clutch Cable $65.41

Are any of the third party ones alright, or are they all rubbish? Would much prefer a Nissan one - even if it's 2-3 times the price.
    It is a while since I purchased one but I would be surprised if they aren't available at our dealer. Make sure you have your VIN and engine numbers with you when you order it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to West Aussie Glen For This Useful Post:

Shred (03-02-2021)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by West Aussie Glen View Post
    It is a while since I purchased one but I would be surprised if they aren't available at our dealer. Make sure you have your VIN and engine numbers with you when you order it.
    I ended up going to a different Nissan dealer who I've bought parts from in the past. They came up with the part number "30770-0M820" for my car and apparently can still supply it, although it has to be ordered in. It looks like the "30770-0M820" is the longer cable and the "30770-1M820" is a little bit shorter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For N14 SSS, its Cable-Clutch. Pt No. 30770-58Y10
    (can still get them)
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PhilSSStevenson For This Useful Post:

Shred (22-05-2021)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a great “upgrade” for my car. I hadn’t noticed how stiff the old clutch cable had become. It’s now light and easy to use. A slight clutch shudder that I had put down to the non genuine engine mounts also went away.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shred For This Useful Post:

PhilSSStevenson (23-05-2021)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred View Post
    It was a great “upgrade” for my car. I hadn’t noticed how stiff the old clutch cable had become. It’s now light and easy to use. A slight clutch shudder that I had put down to the non genuine engine mounts also went away.
    Actually the service manual states, to change the cable quite often - 8/10 years, and thats on low average kilometres.

The Red Jett will get its third cable in a few days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0333.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	442.4 KB 
ID:	1889
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.