User Tag List

Thread: Lots of looks today . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of looks today . . .

Took the Red Jett out for a spin today. Went to Repco, to get some oil. The dude that served me (fifty-ish), came out to see the SSS. He swooned all over it and remembered them when introduced in 1992. He said, a lot of youths, hotted them up and then forked them up . . .

He loved the loping exhaust sound from the SR20's Jim Wolfe Technology S3 cams. He said, you don't get that sound from a four these days.

http://jimwolftechnology.com/custome....asp?PartID=13

Then onto the local car wash.

The two guys cleaning, asked it had a SR20 engine under the bonnet. I showed them my gem later, and they are younger than when the SSS was built. I said that the Nissan SR20 engine was asked for, by Vin Diesel, in the first Fast & Furious movie.
    I noticed getting home that the paint had dulled. It is old (original), and the latest cleaning solvents used at car washes, are just that . . . Had to give it a good Turtle Wax Carnauba cleaning. Looks tops now!

Still runs as tight as a virgin.

Thirty years coming up soon. Classic soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSS shots 006aa.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	1825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N14SSSOz Spec.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	1826
    Last edited by PhilSSStevenson; 25-05-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhilSSStevenson For This Useful Post:

Cozzm0 (25-05-2019), Omega (25-05-2019)