PDA

View Full Version : Terrible exhaust drone!

SSSCORZA
16-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Hi guys.

Today I got a 2.25 straight through muffler installed and got the tail pipe converted to 2.25. The car sounds nice now but it drones like an absolute bitch. It's already got the stock hotdog on it so I'm just questioning if maybe I should either add another hot dog or resonator? From my knowledge a hot dog reduces noise and a resinator reduces unwanted noises e.g. Droning. The car is a SSS as well. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Corey

SSSCORZA
16-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Update: Went back to the exhaust shop and they said they'll install a resonator next Friday so I'll update again when that's done.

Regards
Corey

PhilSSStevenson
17-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Get them to fit a 'hot dog' like this one:

https://www.deaperformance.com.au/p/Mufflers-Hotdogs/REDBACK-HOT-DOG-MUFFLER-15-INCH-X-2-INCH-LOUVERED/HD15200

Cheers

Leroy Peterson
17-02-2018, 05:16 PM
resonator will take the bark out of it, stop it sounding like a honda, but it might not sort the drone. straight through muffler would be better, but see how you go.

SSSCORZA
17-02-2018, 06:34 PM
It's got a glass packed straight through but the exhaust shop is going to replace the the hot dog with a newer one because it's on it's way out and add an 18 inch resonator. They recon that should most likely reduce the overall amount of drone and leave a clean resonance. Corey

SSSCORZA
23-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Update: Got a longer hot dog fitted and the resonance is much lower, but found another problem. The guy who had the car before me completely gutted the cat which could have been the culprit the whole time but I'll be install a high flow cat to fit the issue before I get defected. Corey

PhilSSStevenson
26-02-2018, 01:30 PM
The Red Jett does not have a feline anywhere . . .