PDA

View Full Version : Car has no power - ECU error code 11

GTI
19-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Ok so im getting error code 1-1 which I believe is Crank Angle Sensor. I tried changing the whole dizzy with a spare one and got the same error. Could it be a wiring issue?

The car runs, but wont run at WOT or anything over about 15% throttle. If I only accelerate at partial throttle it feels very smooth. Anything more and it feels like its retarding the timing.

Cozzm0
19-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Probably some more dodgy wiring like the AFM.

GTI
21-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Ok I've gone over the loom, can't see any problems or damage anywhere else. It seems in good condition. The only thing that was messed with was the AFM wire.

I'm stuck Cozzm0. Don't know what else to do now. Is there a way to test the CAS? There's a good chance the one I had lying around wasn't in good condition, and I'm now wondering if the one I bought second hand is for the bin also.

Cozzm0
22-04-2016, 03:56 PM
If you remove the CAS and turn the ignition on and spin it by hand, you should be able to get it to produce spark at the plugs and pulse the injectors IIRC (pull the rail out and sit it on a rag)

If there is excessive oil around the base of the CAS it might have penetrated the area where the wheel is and could be causing problems. The ECU must be getting SOME signal as it won't run without a CAS signal, its just obviously not right or not a 'clean' signal.

I guess really the only way to confirm is to use a 'known good' one from someone else's car to know that using a good part still produces an error is a problem elsewhere.