PDA

View Full Version : SR20DE Stock at the crank to the wheels . . .

PhilSSStevenson
13-09-2020, 02:44 PM
So it's 104 kw at the crank.

What would that equate to at the wheels?

Cheers

PhilSSStevenson
18-09-2020, 11:23 AM
So it's 104 kw at the crank.

What would that equate to at the wheels?

Cheers

Got the answer.

It is 77 kw at the wheels.

West Aussie Glen
09-01-2022, 10:39 AM
Read the above and thought gee I have a dyno runs on my N15 SSS stock and then with Fujitsubo Headers. Went looking and found the attached.
Stock 91.83 kws. With headers fitted 98.24 kws.
Given I think Nissan figure at the crank is 105 kws maybe my dnyo figures are a little high.
Any body else have a dyno run for a stock SSS?

Cozzm0
14-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Many different figures for different cars but the 80-85kw range is pretty 'normal' for a standard car. Dynos are great, for comparison figures, but comparing between workshops and between different brands of Dynos is never going to result in smiles all around. When i was modifying my car, i did several runs on the same dyno, with the same operator, over a number of years to be able to have a solid comparison between 'stages'.

West Aussie Glen
14-01-2022, 08:35 PM
Many different figures for different cars but the 80-85kw range is pretty 'normal' for a standard car. Dynos are great, for comparison figures, but comparing between workshops and between different brands of Dynos is never going to result in smiles all around. When i was modifying my car, i did several runs on the same dyno, with the same operator, over a number of years to be able to have a solid comparison between 'stages'.
Likewise I just use dyno runs for before and after so always use the same dyno. Just a little surprised that my standard run of almost 92 was so high compared to the 77 below and your 80 to 85 figure. Given it was years ago and the car has now done almost 200,000 I might go and do another run.
Given the current temperatures in Perth I shall need to book it in early in the morning or wait for things to cool off to get close to the temperature the last runs were done at.

PhilSSStevenson
15-01-2022, 12:49 PM
The Red Jett's last dyno run (2007) gave me 95kw. I was happy with that, with mods like JWT S3 cams and sprockets, etc. And with a Fidenza flywheel and GFB crank pulley (which don't rate on a dyno) I must be close to 100kw. Red Jett still gives me 0-100 in 7 seconds.