User Tag List

Thread: N15 Antenna Removal & Replacement help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N15 Antenna Removal & Replacement help

The aerial on my sons N15 Pulsar has snapped off, so i am trying to replace it. If i remove the retaining screws on the roof i can pull the plastic cover up and un-clip the black electrical cable but the rest of the unit feels like its held pretty firm in place by the clearish tube running down the A pillar. Can anyone please help shed some light on how its held in to the A pillar and how to remove it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that's the drain tube that needs to be 'swapped' to the new antenna ? (totally a guess here, but i recall someone saying it was a real prick to do). I never replaced mine, radio hardly works and antenna is stuck 1/3 the way out, can't go out or in. lol.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cozzm0 For This Useful Post:

Pnut (24-01-2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    I believe that's the drain tube that needs to be 'swapped' to the new antenna ? (totally a guess here, but i recall someone saying it was a real prick to do). I never replaced mine, radio hardly works and antenna is stuck 1/3 the way out, can't go out or in. lol.
    Ahh ok that explains a lot actually thanks. I found this gem in one of the workshop manuals, in typical Nissan style it didnt tell me a whole lot as to exactly what the components are, but if that is a drain tube then it makes sense why its not coming out and i the purpose of putting the heat gun on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Antenna.JPG 
Views:	719 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	1752

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pnut For This Useful Post:

PhilSSStevenson (16-02-2021)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its too much effort could you do a full swap with one from a wreckers?

When I removed my antenna, was just a matter of disconnecting and loosening everything at the bottom of the A-pillar and pulling it out in one piece from the top I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately i couldn't see where it is attached on the A pillar, but maybe i wasn't looking hard enough? Im guessing it will require removing the dash to get to though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's what the manual says to do, i'd say the drain tube is integrated down the pillar too heavily to be designed to be removed easily.