User Tag List

Thread: The Big Max - fuel comsumption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Big Max - fuel comsumption.

Took the Big Max (Maxima 250 STL) on a 400 klick cruise to Toowoomba and back.

I always wanted a Maxima since the mid 1990's. So when the Altima was released I bough a Maxima real cheap. And what a lux car they are. Smoother than most.

And with that sweet spinning honey of a VQ25DE V6, coupled to the Nissan 2nd gen CVT. This last Maxima (the J32), was also built on the Nissan 'D' platform - same as the Nissan Murano. Far better handling than all previous Maxima's. The baby 2.5 litre V6 is such a sweet babe. I chose that because the engine is 45 kilos less than the 3.5 litre V6. Less weight on the front suspension of a front wheel drive car produces good turn in, for a limo.

Fuel run - Motorway cruising with no gridlock in either direction.

Fuel used = 14.5 kilometres per litre. or 6.9 litres per 100 kilometres, or as in the olde Imperial days was 40 mpg.

Now five years old with 36K on the odo. Never been back for servicing or any warranty work. I do all servicing.

Gotta love the Max. So now I have an old fart's car (The Big Max) and a boy racer car (The Red Jett). The best of both worlds.

Pic of both tucked up in bed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	338.6 KB 
ID:	1769
    Last edited by PhilSSStevenson; 22-08-2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: typos . . .
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhilSSStevenson For This Useful Post:

allen4jim (29-08-2018), Cozzm0 (22-08-2018), Shred (25-08-2018)