Thread: Scumbag car thieves!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scumbag car thieves!

On Friday, for the second time in 18 months, some scumbag (possibly the same one) has tried to steal my N15 S2 SSS from our work car park.

Each time, they've somehow unlocked the doors with no sign of forced entry, then tried to force the ignition lock. At least this time they didn't hack up all around the lock and once I got it unjammed, everything returned to normal. I've now bought one of those "club lock" things that lock on to the steering wheel to act as a visible deterrent.

The work security guys have him on camera arriving at my car, then leaving 2 minutes later. I guess the crook must only know how to steal Pulsars, because on the same day (I guess shortly after mine was broken in to) an N13 Pulsar [EDIT: was stolen] from one of the other car parks (one not covered by cameras).

Obviously, there must be a really easy and quick way to unlock the doors on an N15. Best to not discuss the "how" on a public forum, but are there any easy steps I can take to harden the car up a bit? I guess that as there are fewer and fewer cars on the road that don't have immobilisers, the older 2L Pulsars will become more of a target. Take care out there.
    Last edited by Shred; 04-07-2018 at 01:23 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shred For This Useful Post:

allen4jim (02-08-2018)