User Tag List

Thread: SR20DET Idle problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SR20DET Idle problems

Hi guys, I have a SSS pulsar with GTiR engine conversion I have a rather irritating issue. Car doesn't want to idle and stalls. Like for instance when the car is dead cold on start up revs sit on 950rpm and gradually gets lower up until around 11-14 degrees temp then sits on 500rpm and stalls. Usually I have to sit on the throttle for it to warm up to normal temps, if I let go of the throttle it will drop to around 620 then 500 and stall. When warned up sits on 750rpm

Cheers guys and thanks for any suggestions

Space Invaders Champion, Snake Champion, Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big thing with GTi-R's is air leaks around the quad throttles and all the small vac. ports - check over every vac. hose. After my engine was built and before it got tuned, the tuner I used had a tight fitting plug/bung that he put into the intake of the turbo. Through this bung he put JUST enough compressed air to find any leaks - while the car is off obviously - you find the leaks quite easily then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually they suffer from high idle.

Once its warmed up does it idle? or still no ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once it's warned up it does idle but the idle is low sits at around 620-680 rpm.

I did what omega suggested but might take the intake off and have a better look