Thread: Upgraded Cam

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgraded Cam

G'day fellas, I know there's already a thread about cam specs but I just want some more info. I'm looking at putting some cams in my 91 N14 SSS SR20DE and I have a couple in mind and wanted to know what you guys think in terms of performance and cost. I will also be getting a Nistune chip for it so I can really dial the engine in. The cams I have in mind are the Tomei Poncams 260 degree 11.2mm lift, Jim Wolfe Technology S3 260 degree 11.2mm lift and the Jim Wolfe Technology S3HL 260 degree 11.6mm lift. The purpose is to get a decent amount of power out of the engine without having say a big cam which doesn't gain power until above 5500rpm hence the reason for focusing on these cams. The car is for the street so it's not necessary for a big cam but if there is another cam that gains more power in the same power band but you have to do springs then let me know. Would there be any benefit to maybe doing adjustable sprockets? Also if I were to upgrade springs and set the rpm to about 8.5k would that be beneficial? Also does anyone know if JWT's pricing is in USD? Sorry for the multiple topics but am hoping that I can get some assistance, with other people's knowledge and some more detailed info about choosing a cam and maybe some other cam related upgrades. Thanks, Corey

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSSCORZA For This Useful Post:

allen4jim (31-10-2018)