User Tag List

Thread: Are there any lubrication points or mods for window mechanism?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any lubrication points or mods for window mechanism?

So i have to replace the electric window mechanism in the drivers door on my sons car, seems to be a typical Nissan wire mechanism failure. I have a secondhand one from the wrecker ready to go in, but in the interests of making this one last longer, are there any places to especially lubricate or modifications to make it last longer and work better before i put it into the car?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i found a couple of videos and tutorials online about cleaning the tracks and greasing them up so have done this with lithium grease and white lithium spray. Also noticed a small crack where one of the plastic cable holder pivots on a pin so have taken to it with some araldite to try and extend its life, seems like a weak point as the wreckers one was broken at the same spot. Now just have to wait for the glue to harden and regrease a few spots before putting it back in the car, will see if its any good after it has been abused a few weeks in the sons car.

I did note that it looks pretty much like the same mechanism in the 2 door hatch and the 4 door hatch versions, does anyone know if they are the same?
    From what i have read and seen Im guessing there are more issues on the 2 door version as the windows a larger and heavier and probably tip and move more.
    Last edited by Pnut; 04-02-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you take a pic of the cracked part ? The best things for mechanisms is lube. This includes silicone spray the runners for the window glass so it slides up and down better. Mate of mine used to spray his window seals with silicone spray every time he washed it, his windows go up and down like a bullet in his N14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the worst one, i didnt bother trying to glue it but it was still working when i pulled it off the wrecked car, so im guessing as long as it stays in place the crack isnt going to have a lot of force on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old cracked.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	1753

This is the one a have araldited up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glued.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	1754

Yeah i have a can of silicon lubricant ready to spray up the track, gave the 4 door drivers window track a spray today but it didnt make much difference as it was already moving pretty freely. The 2 door always sounds like it is struggling, so im going to lube up both sides while im at it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pnut For This Useful Post:

Cozzm0 (04-02-2018)