User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Shifter bushings or return springs?

  1. #1
    MdMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shifter bushings or return springs?

    Supposedly my N15 SSS has a short shifter in it.

    Shifter was quite stiff initially but now is quite loose.

    Whilst in neutral, shifter moves all too easily to the left, but moving to the right still feels normal.

    This make going from second to third quite tricky, but third to fifth is normal.

    Your thoughts?

    Any best brands/places for either of these parts?

  2. #2
    Need Input Cozzm0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return spring under the shifter. The 3>5 spring is inside the gearbox.

  3. #3
    MdMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    Return spring under the shifter. The 3>5 spring is inside the gearbox.
    Do you have a picture of this?

    I can't use this kit then?
    https://au.gktech.com/sr20-rb20-rb25...ion-spring-kit

  4. #4
    Need Input Cozzm0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That kit is for RWD cars.

    This is the return spring under the shifter.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cozzm0 For This Useful Post:

    yakabot (14-01-2018)

  6. #5
    MdMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    That kit is for RWD cars.

    This is the return spring under the shifter.
    Interesting... so there is only one spring?

    Does it seem odd that my issue is only when moving the shifter to the left?

    Any idea where I can get this spring?

  7. #6
    Need Input Cozzm0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MdMa View Post
    Interesting... so there is only one spring?

    Does it seem odd that my issue is only when moving the shifter to the left?

    Any idea where I can get this spring?
    One spring for left is there, the other one for right (and to stop you shifting into reverse instead of 4th is inside the gearbox, that's how it works.

    usually just the end is broken off the spring and you can take the next coil with a pair of pliers and bend it out to make a new hook. Put a dab of grease on each end of the spring where it goes through the hole and it might last a fraction longer, but not likely haah.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cozzm0 For This Useful Post:

    MdMa (13-01-2018)

  9. #7
    MdMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    One spring for left is there, the other one for right (and to stop you shifting into reverse instead of 4th is inside the gearbox, that's how it works.

    usually just the end is broken off the spring and you can take the next coil with a pair of pliers and bend it out to make a new hook. Put a dab of grease on each end of the spring where it goes through the hole and it might last a fraction longer, but not likely haah.
    Awesome!

    Thanks as always Cozzm0

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MdMa For This Useful Post:

    Cozzm0 (14-01-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •