Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to remove Alternator

Hey all,

My alternator just died and I have been looking for a thread on the easiest way to get the alternator out on my Series II N15 SSS.

Is there one? or does any one have advice they would like to share?

It looks like extract from the top, not sure if I am going to need to remove radiator hose, also tips on undoing the bottom bolt.

After that come the starter motor..can be any harder than an N13 EXA!

Cheers

GeeBeeSSS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the radiator hose is the easiest way i've found if you still have aircon installed. Also a good time to flush the cooling system anyways.

Make sure you disconnect the battery before you start work on the alternator or starter motor as they both have constant positive power from the battery.

The alternator bottom pivot bolt nut is accessed from below with a 17mm spanner. Ratchet spanners help.

Starter is done from a combination of top and bottom, top to undo some bolts, bottom to actually remove it. Not too hard, just fiddly and difficult without a second person when reinstalling sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the radiator hose is the easiest way i've found if you still have aircon installed. Also a good time to flush the cooling system anyways.

Make sure you disconnect the battery before you start work on the alternator or starter motor as they both have constant positive power from the battery.

The alternator bottom pivot bolt nut is accessed from below with a 17mm spanner. Ratchet spanners help.

Starter is done from a combination of top and bottom, top to undo some bolts, bottom to actually remove it. Not too hard, just fiddly and difficult without a second person when reinstalling sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that it will help heaps