User Tag List

Thread: A/C Hose Protection from Exhaust Header Heat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A/C Hose Protection from Exhaust Header Heat

Hey Guys,

Got a leak in the air con suction hose which is in front of the headers due to the heat.

I have a replacement from another pulsar, however i want to prevent the same thing happening, so looking to hear some good options to protect the hose from melting?

Preferably low cost... the A/C shop advised a new hose could be made to redirect further away from the headers, but would cost me like another $130 with filter replacement, then add $100+ for labour (on top of $160 re-gas) so somehow around the full quote was $400-450.

Have heard of high heat foil tape, sleeves, and exhaust wrap... for application around the hose.

What products are recommended? and is ebay stuff ok, or a specific brand? also where can i buy it?

Please let me know any info or experiences.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use heat wrap that has foil on the outside and some kind of fabric/fibreglass on the inside. seems to have worked so far. I wrapped past the metal connectors to the rubber as low as i could at the compressor all the way up to where the rubber meets metal at the radiator support. My hose had started to bubble, but hasn't failed since putting the wrap on. Can't remember the brand or anything, but the basic idea is the foil reflects the heat and the material inside insulates the hose from the heat that the foil gets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Cozzm0, picked up some exhaust wrap for $5 and some bunnings Aluminum tape and wrapped it up. Will see how it holds up with this budget setup but its all i need for now. Booked for a regas so hopefully it will be all it needs.