Hey all,

My daily Nissan pulsar N15 SSS is currently experiencing a gear change problem which has only arisen over the past week. It's a 1999 N15 SSS wi manual transmission and since owning it I have changed all fluids and filters.

There are 3 issues which I believe are all related:
1) the car seems to loose rpm on initial take off in 1st gear. I.e. When taking off in 1st gear off a red light, it looses revs and almost seems like it's going to stall, so I've been using the throttle more on initial accerlation to prevent this issue.

2) not all the time, but say 4 times out of 10 the gear will not go in, this happens when in a stationery position selecting 1st gear and also when just selecting any gear. I will have my foot on the clutch all the way down hitting the floor and the gear knob will not go into the desired gear. Then I release my foot off the clutch and re press the clutch pedal and select the gear and it goes in. Sometimes it selects gears easily and smoothly, and sometimes it just won't go in, making it a pig to drive, especially when downshifting to accelerate or go up a hill and it just won't go into 3rd from 4th, meaning your going up the hill in neutral until you press the clutch and try and select 3rd gear again.

3) the 3rd problem is linked to the above issues and involves the gear crunching when in reverse or when selecting 3rd gear mainly. This usually happens when the gear refuses to go in so I release the clutch and re apply it and then it goes into gear but with a crunch. Reverse gear crunches Almost every second time.

I've done some research but not to sure what the issues are caused by. It the second owner and the car is on its original factory clutch and gearbox which have travelled 130000kms(I purchased the car with 90000kms on the odometer)

Please point me in the right direction as my car is very clean and has been well looked after and serviced and I would really like to resolve this issue ASAP as it's almost impossible to drive it safely and confidently.

Thanks in advance
Gutz