User Tag List

Thread: Wiring front speakers? N15 sss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiring front speakers? N15 sss

Spent quite some time trying to push a signal wire for front speaker into my door yesterday... realised its a funky waterproof plug situation.... why nissan?
    Whats the best way to run signal wire from amp to speaker? Right now im thinking my only option is to tie into the stock loom...
    At a later date i will be fitting heated folding mirrors so those also need to find their way in...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory it is easier to push it through one way (honestly cant remember which way) use a piece of metal (coathanger) and tape your speaker wire to the end.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now your best bet is to get some stock door harnesses *and* the body loom plug and as much wire as you can pull from the body loom to use as donors for the extra pins you're going to be adding. That's how i did it. That way doors remain easy to install and remove with the factory plugs, you can add as many wires as you need and use the high power / thicker pins for the door speakers if you want. The hardest part of it all is getting the bloody connectors apart to add the extra bits into them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to a shop breifly about how they would do it. said they usually drill the plug or add another grommet if they hit my situation.

suggestion of utilising unused pins is a good idea however, albeit not going to be easy by a long stretch.
    I also need to run wires for heated folding mirrors on each side at some point. so would be much of the same deal just moar plugs.

Is it just 4 extra wires to make them work in audm car?
    #offtopic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folding mirrors is 2 exclusive wires.
    Heated mirrors is 1 exclusive wire (power only, can grab ground from anywhere on the door).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cozzm0 For This Useful Post:

Deigima (02-10-2016)