User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Shifter linkage bushing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shifter linkage bushing

    Hi all,

    Would anyone know somewhere that sells the linkage bushing for the bolt that connects the linkage to the gearbox or what to search for on ebay maybe? Nissan no longer makes them.

    Thank you if anyone can help me with this as mine is missing and it makes for a very sloppy gear stick. N14 SR20 manual.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitmanuncut For This Useful Post:

    snadkinsonreaga (04-09-2016)

  3. #2
    Leroy Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant remember off the top of my head what it look like, but I dont suppose its one of these:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHIFT-BUS...MAAOSwDwtUnHOo
    http://coastmodz.com.au/product_info...roducts_id=202

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Leroy Peterson For This Useful Post:

    snadkinsonreaga (04-09-2016)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
    I cant remember off the top of my head what it look like, but I dont suppose its one of these:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHIFT-BUS...MAAOSwDwtUnHOo
    http://coastmodz.com.au/product_info...roducts_id=202
    Yep it might be the ebay one. I've emailed the seller to find out if it is the one for the bolt that connects the linkage to the gearbox to be sure.
    Thanks heaps for your help and the web link.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitmanuncut For This Useful Post:

    snadkinsonreaga (04-09-2016)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanuncut View Post
    Yep it might be the ebay one. I've emailed the seller to find out if it is the one for the bolt that connects the linkage to the gearbox to be sure.
    Thanks heaps for your help and the web link.
    Unfortunately that's the bushing for the gear shifter connection to the linkage not the gearbox end.

  8. #5
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the correct one, for linkage connection to the gearbox end.

    Replaced it on the Red Jett three months ago.
    Last edited by PhilSSStevenson; 08-12-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  9. #6
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More info:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gearlinkage.jpg 
Views:	1119 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	1452

    The part you need is above, see numbers: 20 & 21.

    I have changed: 20, 21, and 27 bushes. As I have a B&M short shifter also changed the washers between no: 13 & 19.

    Cheers…
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhilSSStevenson For This Useful Post:

    Deigima (28-08-2016), Spectrix (27-08-2016)

  11. #7
    Need Input Cozzm0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link doesn't work Phil. It got truncated with the .... in the middle.

  12. #8
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    Link doesn't work Phil. It got truncated with the .... in the middle.
    Tks Cozzm0… All fixed above…
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  13. #9
    Need Input Cozzm0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if whipping some of these up out of Delrin on a lathe would be worth my time... ??

  14. #10
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    I wonder if whipping some of these up out of Delrin on a lathe would be worth my time... ??
    Cozzm0, it might be well worth your time for other members, as it looks like there are no Nissan part# 34112-J8000 available anymore. So glad I purchased 12 of the units, nine years ago. Amazing how time flies.

    I'm happy to help this dude out with my remaining four units as I will never need them now.

    If you want pics and measurements, just holla…

    Cheers…

    ps: Hey Hitmanuncut, you can donate $10 to the forum for finding your very rare and much needed parts.
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  15. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSSStevenson View Post
    Cozzm0, it might be well worth your time for other members, as it looks like there are no Nissan part# 34112-J8000 available anymore. So glad I purchased 12 of the units, nine years ago. Amazing how time flies.

    I'm happy to help this dude out with my remaining four units as I will never need them now.

    If you want pics and measurements, just holla…

    Cheers…

    ps: Hey Hitmanuncut, you can donate $10 to the forum for finding your very rare and much needed parts.
    Thanks for your help Phil, and yes I do intend to do a donation as soon as I have a bit to spare. I am merely a povo uni student these days surviving on aus study till some part time work comes around. I had previously donated $50 to the old forum when I was still working before leaving to get my degree but it mustn't show up now on the revitalized version.
    Last edited by Hitmanuncut; 20-08-2016 at 04:40 PM.

  16. #12
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanuncut View Post
    Thanks for your help Phil, and yes I do intend to do a donation as soon as I have a bit to spare. I am merely a povo uni student these days surviving on aus study till some part time work comes around. I had previously donated $50 to the old forum when I was still working before leaving to get my degree but it mustn't show up now on the revitalized version.
    Good Man Hitmanuncut…

    I am continuing your streak of good luck, as I will include (for the price already quoted) my spare $50 Energy Suspension Nissan shifter bushing (Pt # 7.1103R) for the No: 20 & 21 area, along with the four bushings (Nissan part# 34112-J8000) to deal with the No: 22 & 27 area. DO NOT forget to lubricate them well with the correct grease.
    Last edited by PhilSSStevenson; 04-09-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  17. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Phil sounds great, do you have a go to brand that's your preferred grease?

  18. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    I wonder if whipping some of these up out of Delrin on a lathe would be worth my time... ??
    Cozzmo I'd say it will be well worth your time if you have access to the equipment to do so. For everyone else out there that is faced with the same problem (since all bushings wear out eventually), it seems the only way to still get new bushes is to purchase the entire shift control rod as it comes with the bush pre-fitted. Part #25 in the breakdown picture posted by Phil. So if that ever becomes unavailable too then it's custom or nothing.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitmanuncut For This Useful Post:

    snadkinsonreaga (04-09-2016)

  20. #15
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanuncut View Post
    Cozzmo I'd say it will be well worth your time if you have access to the equipment to do so. For everyone else out there that is faced with the same problem (since all bushings wear out eventually), it seems the only way to still get new bushes is to purchase the entire shift control rod as it comes with the bush pre-fitted. Part #25 in the breakdown picture posted by Phil. So if that ever becomes unavailable too then it's custom or nothing.
    Hi Kurt,

    Aust Post tracking number for your bushes is 60015266664097.

    Contents: Include (for the price already paid) my spare $50 Energy Suspension Nissan shifter bushing (Pt # 7.1103R) for the No: 20 & 21 area, along with the four bushings (Nissan part# 34112-J8000) to deal with the No: 22 & 27 area. And a pack of the correct grease to use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gearlinkage.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	1495
    Posting tomorrow.

    Cheers,.

    Phil.

    Pic of the Red Jett - one owner, me. Purchased in April 1992 right off the showroom floor. Manufacture date: 22nd Jan 1992. One of the very first Oz Spec SSS's built.
    Never had anyone sit in the back seats, except twice. Precious...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSS 007b.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	1493

    Pic of it's immaculate 'breathed' on SR20.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N14SSSOz Spec.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	1494
    Last edited by PhilSSStevenson; 04-09-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typos...
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to PhilSSStevenson For This Useful Post:

    Hitmanuncut (04-09-2016)

  22. #16
    Need Input Cozzm0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Phil, i think some accurate dimensions imposed on pictures from some factory original parts might be handy if you find the time.

    I'll see what i do as i don't think i've ever changed them myself. I'm a novice on the lathe, but will be good to actually make something useful if they're simple to turn.

  23. #17
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you'll be surprised at the condition of the original bushes if you replace them. And to that, I have a hunch my local Nissan dealer has a box full of them.

    Get back on Monday. You can do the change too...

    Cheers...
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  24. #18
    PhilSSStevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSSStevenson View Post
    Yeah, you'll be surprised at the condition of the original bushes if you replace them. And to that, I have a hunch my local Nissan dealer has a box full of them.

    Get back on Monday. You can do the change too...

    Cheers...
    Hmmmmm…
    local Nissan dealer has confirmed that it is a discontinued part, no longer manufactured. So true; so sad.

    Parts guy said they sold their last four in February, this year.

    Pics and dimensions to come.
    Last edited by PhilSSStevenson; 23-08-2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typos...
    NISSAN Pulsar N14 SSS Oz spec - the SSS cult classic. Owned mine since 1992.

  25. #19
    Need Input Cozzm0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once phil gets me some details on the size (i don't have a spare to compare with, and his bushings are brand new) then i'll see what material will cost etc.

  26. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    555
    Thanked
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's over $100 for the control rod new to be able to replace a $2 bushing that is no longer available from Nissan, to help you factor in whether it will be worth your time, money etc.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitmanuncut For This Useful Post:

    Cozzm0 (20-08-2016)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •