User Tag List

Thread: Import guide 1999

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Import guide 1999

Found this interesting piece, from what i can gather its listing notable cars from 1999, including srv lucino... Particularly handy is the author notes breif details including available drivetrains (engine gearbox and drive type)
    with so little info floating around, just knowing this little bit more is neat.

SR-V is almost half way down the page. not too far below is a mention of p11 primera.
    http://import-era.com/threads/import...es-nissan.411/

currently wondering how difficult it would be to come across a manual sr20 powered awd lucino. oh boy.

Edit- the post seems to be in no logical order, not far under primera is CJ-I sedan. (and then another SR-V)
    Last edited by Deigima; 03-05-2016 at 03:22 PM.

If in doubt, boost it out Paullus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Avenirs don't look too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit of a shame, but very few of those cars are eligible for import. Even fewer have shops that have done the compliance and red tape required to register them.
    If genuinely looking to see what you can get from Japan you're better off looking at a import brokers website: http://j-spec.com.au/lineup/Nissan/P...rie_N15/id-393

Due to cost and demand (plus the 12-18 months it can take for government approval and workshop co-operation) it's highly unlikely any of the avenirs or primeras will be ever registerable in aus. But the laws are changing in a few years, and if someone is keen enough to wait for the 25 year rule, can bring them in as a classicI've seen an SRV on the road before in Vic, not sure what was up with that though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leroy Peterson, you can bring anything into the country as a personal import, but you must have owned the vehicle for a certain amount of time and some other hoops. They do not require compliance either when imported in that fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brb moving to Japan for 10 years to buy an avenir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would just like to point out that the "crew" seems to use n14 tail lights lol

also the next level "Bus Seat" interior on the primera wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzm0 View Post
    but you must have owned the vehicle for a certain amount of time and some other hoops.
    I believe its 12 months before you're elligible for personal import and you cant sell it in australia for 12 months after? not sure on the second part. need to prove that you lived in japan and used the car during that time.
    Last edited by Deigima; 04-05-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That thread must be for somewhere that has a 15 year used import rule, looks like Canada. I can't see any other reason to focus so closely on 1999, which just happens to be 15 years before the post was made in 2014...

The Crew was essentially designed for the taxi market; came out in the same era as the N14, hence the similar design cues although not the same tail lights. Didn't really do too well compared to the Toyota Crown Comfort, or even Nissan's own Y31 Cedric (still in production after 29 years, I might add!)

PS. The models are listed in alphabetical order
    A little bit of this car, a little bit of that car, mix it together and... it's still a heap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSLX View Post
    That thread must be for somewhere that has a 15 year used import rule, looks like Canada. I can't see any other reason to focus so closely on 1999, which just happens to be 15 years before the post was made in 2014...

The Crew was essentially designed for the taxi market; came out in the same era as the N14, hence the similar design cues although not the same tail lights. Didn't really do too well compared to the Toyota Crown Comfort, or even Nissan's own Y31 Cedric (still in production after 29 years, I might add!)

PS. The models are listed in alphabetical order
    It never occurred to me that some of the oddball cars in the jdm market were aimed at taxis, fresh perspective.

The cima also has a striking resemblance to mercedes, but was it ever exported? I can see it doing well in export market

Last edited by Deigima; 09-05-2016 at 02:39 PM.

If in doubt, boost it out Paullus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ That's pretty baller

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y33's are awesome

too expensive in decent trims to be taxis. Even in Japan the taxi's there are older Toyota Crowns and Nissans that are still in production (early 90's models), usually smaller engines and even FWD when the commercial versions are all RWD with different engines.

There a few of us in the VIP scene in Aus, we have a forum and are slowly converting people to big, luxurious sedans
    http://www.zeitakuvip.com/forum/

heres my Y34 I brought in from Japan 18 months ago:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leroy Peterson For This Useful Post:

Deigima (01-06-2016)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found a nice looking N1 in Japan. someone mentioned it may have accident repair, but looks very clean.

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...ml?TRCD=200002

Paris mentioned it has a good options list.