User Tag List

Thread: Short shift kit recommendations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short shift kit recommendations

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a short shift kit for my N15 SSS. Any recommendations on what to get and places in Melbourne that can install them? I am far from a mechanic and probably don't have the equipment to do it.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im only familiar with n14 and gtir but IMO honestly standard feels the best. So many short shifters just end up feeling terrible. Alternatively you could modify the standard shifter for a shorter throw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    modify the standard one by moving the ball, or buy a twm.
    quality is remembered long after price is forgotten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all though there may be mixed opinions about these everywhere, haters and fanboys and whatnot. honestly paired with a proper gear knob, (weighted - $50-70 from autobarn) the short shifter i sell is by far the best shifter ive ever come across, if it were as bad as they say they are then i must be doing something wrong to make it feel soo right! lol.

long story short, you're preference really.. i hated the modified stock shifter, shorter shaft etc, i couldnt justify the price of a B&M or twm shifter, given ive burried 99% of funds into the engine/turbo of my build along with some jdm goodies, so i sourced the alternative.

your options:

1) you can modify what you have yourself - probably not feasible since your not really mechanically minded as stated.
    2) spend alot of money on a really good quality one and pay a shop to fit it (as Enzo said buy a twm they are unfaultable!)
    3) buy one from me, head down to autobarn and pick out a nice heavy gearknob to go with it. then pay for it to be fitted
    4) any of the above, get some rev head mates over and everyone have a crack at doing it as a learning curve together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same kit BO05TT?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EPMAN-Rac...3D321952095025
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-5-Spe...-/321952095025

The previous owner of my car installed a short shifter, and I honestly don't like it... I am coming from a GC8 WRX STi however.

I feel like I have to wrestle with it on the down shift from 3rd to 2nd... really messes up my heel and toe.

Do all short shifters feel like this or is mine just crapola?
    Last edited by MdMa; 02-05-2016 at 06:11 PM.