User Tag List

Thread: N15 power steering hoses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N15 power steering hoses

Hey all,

On my n15 series two sedan (GA16) I have a weeping power steering hose off of the reservoir. Before I rip the hoses off, are these replaceable with just a regular length of hose from enzed/pirtek, or do I have to use a genuine or oem replacement part? I assume the high pressure line would be a hose crimped onto some pipe, however the low pressure line would surely just be attached with hose clamps?

Cheers in advance, Jarryd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reservoir hoses are not high pressure, as you mentioned, high pressure ones will be crimped / have metal ends.

You'll probably find that undoing the clamp. moving it a little further down the hose (few mm so its clamping on fresh hose) and doing it back up will fix the weep. I had lots and lots of leaks from those hoses but when i changed my motor i moved all the clamps and they've been fine.

The advantage with the OEM hoses is they're shaped to fit neatly in the engine bay, the disadvantage is the stupid high cost and they may no longer be available.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cozzm0 For This Useful Post:

Spectrix (04-02-2016)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I thought.. when I get a chance I'll give it all a good clean and move the clamps down a bit like you said. I suspected they may have been a molded hose and not just a straight length, hence the hesitation to rip them off and then have to wait for replacements haha. Thanks for the reply mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify for anyone else who ever wonders this in the future; the low pressure hose from the reservoir to the pump is just a regular hose, with the same inner diameter (16mm or 5/8") at both ends. It pushes onto a barb on the power steering pump and is obviously clamped.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SLO015 For This Useful Post:

ptenkae (26-10-2017)