User Tag List

Thread: Remote for '99 pulsar plus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote for '99 pulsar plus?

Hi. 1st post at the (gladly) reopened site. Wrote my old 95 pulsar off a few weeks ago and picked up a 99 sedan last night.
    It has central locking using the key, but wondering if these came standard with the remote for them?
    I'll go to a Nissan dealer when I get time, but maybe someone here can she'd some light, on whether they all came with a remote, or perhaps it was an option. Ive seached/googled, but cant find an answer. Would Nissan sell me one that works?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should all have a remote, even my nan's Plus hatch has the remote central locking. Nissan will be able to sell you one, although you may be able to find cheaper ones online. It would need to be programmed, which Nissan would be able to do if you bought it from them, but I'm lead to believe that the process isn't that hard if you wanted to do it yourself
    A little bit of this car, a little bit of that car, mix it together and... it's still a heap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks SSSLX. Have seen the remotes for sale, and read some instructions for programming them, but wasn't sure if they came with the remote from new.
    However, about an hour ago I found a redbook post/page which states it came as standard.
    Will drop in to a Nissan dealer tomorrow and find out how much I probably won't end up paying for one. (Have a feeling Nissan will charge a crap load for it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update for anyone reading. Nissan said $113 for the remote including the programming. Bloke also said that maybe the car wasn't sold to me with a remote because it stopped working, and if that's the case, if they couldn't program a remote for it, because something else was broken, then they wouldn't charge me for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much was the charge for programming it? Cause it's normally a ripoff. It would take them longer to get up from their desk and walk to the car than to program it. It only takes about 5 seconds to program

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said that it included the programming. I haven't gone ahead and got it yet.