User Tag List

Thread: Anti roll bars for N15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti roll bars for N15

Hi guys, I saw on the net that only whiteline make an uprated rear anti roll bar for n15 chassis. for the front one any ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have any front swaybar / antiroll bar options that I know of in Australia unfortunately.
    I believe that there are some available for the B14 Sentra chassis in the USA that may fit; for instance 'Progress' make a 30mm front swaybar for the B14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been meaning to buy that one from the US and see how it goes. It should fit up by looking at it (but who knows)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a solid 26mm front sway bar on an N1 that looked pretty OEM to me. Always an option.
    PNP HID, the AIDS of auto electrics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC Blitz had a 30mm custom bar made by whilteline and didn't like it, but he had quite stiff D2 suspension at the time i believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superpro actually do a heavy duty upgraded front sway bar as I gave them my stock sway bar to make a better one ...ill dig out the part no if anyone wants it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0830.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	1031
    Here u go part no snf22

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boot_it For This Useful Post:

Leroy Peterson (16-11-2015), Martin (16-11-2015), Spectrix (16-11-2015)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I didn't know about that superpro one, thanks.

A few years ago I was in contact with whiteline about production of the front swaybar for the N15 chassis; the consensus was that the bar didn't go to production as it didn't make their test car any faster on the circuit (slower in fact).
    Their test car also had a heavy spring & shock combination.

I'm still interested in trying i as I like the positive turn in with a heavy front swaybar, without resorting to heavy spring rates especially for a street car.
    I did modify the rear whiteline swaybar to be stiffer, though I think its effectiveness is limited by the rear beam & Scott Russell linkage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the stiffest setting on the rear adjustable sway bar is good enough. Can make the car really unstable with change in grip-level mid corner.

I'm interested in trying a stronger front sway bar because even though the car feels super flat, photos reveal more body roll than I would like...
    Pretty sure my springs are under 10kg. Could be wrong though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowering the roll centre will help control the roll without adding excessive spring to the car. The issue is the rear roll centre is so high with the rear beam setup that even lowering/correcting the front roll centre, the rear is still wanting to lift a lot and as soon as you pickup the inside the rear wheel you dramatically increase the load on the front outside wheel.

I would really like to see someone who has the time and knowledge to do some bump steer graphs and actually chart to see how much bump steer and roll centre can be improved in the front end. That's probably one step away from doing a pan hard rod on the rear in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 lowering the roll centre

It would be awesome to experiment with a pan hard rod - or even a watts linkage???

It's really tricky, everything is inter related - can't look at sway bars in isolation

Obviously we don't want to be lifting the inside rear on the street
    On the track it's not necessarily a bad thing - even the GT-R Nismo LMP car was lifting it's inside rear wheel

If you change to a harder rear sway bar and start picking up the rear wheel doing the same activity as before, then it *can* be a good thing.
    The car is already pitching forward and has a diagonal load transfer, the stiffer rear sway has not changed that at all
    The stiffer rear sway is bar lifting the weight of the inside rear wheel off the ground,
    this should actually reduce weight on the outside front and increase weight on the inside front,
    this aids rotating the car and provides more traction on the inside front when you get into the throttle.

Going too stiff on the rear sway bar can bite really hard in a lift of over steer moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm thats a good point cozzmo about the rear wanting to lift...

When getting my suspension done, I spoke to the people about the bump steer kits and they indicated it was fine on my car and wasnt really going to affect a whole lot. mind you, its not really that low to the ground... most hard parker pulsars are lower lol
    seems 2J Racing dont have the B14 bump steer kits or front swaybars on their website anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
    Pretty sure my springs are under 10kg. Could be wrong though.
    With spring rates over 8kg a stiffer front sway bar will give you more under steer
    (does in a N14 and I presume a similar outcome in a N15)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Peterson View Post
    hmmm thats a good point cozzmo about the rear wanting to lift...

When getting my suspension done, I spoke to the people about the bump steer kits and they indicated it was fine on my car and wasnt really going to affect a whole lot. mind you, its not really that low to the ground... most hard parker pulsars are lower lol
    seems 2J Racing dont have the B14 bump steer kits or front swaybars on their website anymore.
    The thing is, once you start messing with the lower control arm angle via balljoint length to fix the rollcentre, that directly effects the arc of the LCA in relation to the arc of the tie rod end, and that's where you introduce more bumpsteer, so the bumpsteer kit is really a complimentary product to doing a roll centre adjustment to help preserve even at a minimum, the OEM bump steer curve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you guys,
    Check out the 2 articles i have posted in this section,
    Mike Kojima talks about roll centre, roll couple, suspension geometry, bump steer, toe steer, over lowering and much more,
    Mike does an awesome job of explaining everything in a way that anyone can easily understand it, if you don't read it you're seriously missing out on very valuable information

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Boosted VLAD For This Useful Post:

Martin (23-11-2015)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys do you know someone Who makes one off anti roll bars?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boot_it View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0830.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	1031
    Here u go part no snf22
    Hi do you have the part number handy?