User Tag List

Thread: 2000rpm bunnyhopping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000rpm bunnyhopping

Hey guys, I have an issue with my N15 sedan and am unsure where to begin. When coasting along in first, second or third at around 2000rpm, the car bunny hops rather violently. It only seems to do it when it's warm. I vaguely remember reading something on the old site about the throttle position sensor being a possible culprit? If someone could shed some light on this that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    auto or manual? and will it do it when it's not in gear?

cheers,

Aaron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate, forgot to mention it's a manual. I doubt it would do it just rolling in neutral?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well take your car out for a drive and replecate the problem, once you do take it home sit in your driveway and hold it at 2000 and see if the revs jump around.

If it doesn't happen when the cars not in gear I'd start investigating your transmission, could be a clutch slipping-engaging-slipping but I'm really not overly experienced with transmission issues.

Having said all that it may be something that only happens when the engine is under load. Possibly a bogus fuel pump, fuel filter or pressure regulator or your tps. Maybe start with your tps here's a video on how to test them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_skVHdgtMTU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried sitting in the driveway and holding it at 2000rpm and the revs didn't jump around. I'm thinking it could possibly be the clutch, might have to do some further tests to eliminate that from the potential suspect list.. Fuel filter is fresh, I'd assume the fuel pump and FPR are original. I just remember reading something about TPS calibration on these on the old site, wish I could find that info again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you check the tps like the video showed ? It could still be un-related to the transmission (i.e only happening when the engine is under load).

Cheers,

Aaron