PDA

View Full Version : Slotted Rotors on N14

SSSCORZA
27-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade my brakes a little on my N14 SSS as they don't seem to be the stopping power I'm looking for(emergency braking reasons). I was looking at getting the t2 slots by DBA however they $150 a rotor which in my eyes is ridiculous, I found these rotors that are slotted by VMAX which are pretty cheap but I don't know how good they are. The reviews for them sound good however I read in a commodore forum that they're crap. I'm just wondering if you guys think that the rotors would be worth it for braking or just give it a miss and replace with standards. Also if you know anything about the VMAX rotors, please tell me what they're like. Also my rotors are fine and in spec, I'm just curious. Corey

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SLOTTED-VMAXS-fits-NISSAN-Pulsar-N14-2-0L-1991-1995-FRONT-Disc-Brake-Rotors/132151399823?hash=item1ec4d6558f:g:VPwAAOSwpkFY5tj U

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/need-to-change-my-rotors.255126/

007adr
27-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Hey buddy

rotors will do absolutely nothing for stopping power it’s all pad for bite, brake rotor slots material and design is all around heat management, change your pads and fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhilSSStevenson
28-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Hi Corey,

I have used the following configuration for the last 16 years.

1. DBA Slotted rotors.

2. Endless Blue brake pads.

3. Goodridge braided brake lines. (replaced the stock rubber ones that will bulge a bit under pressure.)

However if/when you achieve NO's 1 & 2, you will be smiling.

Cheers,

Phil.

sss4me
28-03-2018, 01:54 PM
dba imo the best rotors. quality wise. good pads are the most important buy though. fresh brake fluid and braided brakes lines are helpful

i like project mu pads, but there are plenty of quality options, depending on your application. fedodo,qfm,winmax,ebc. be care ful to choose wisely. most setup's will last for years and years in a daily.

SSSCORZA
28-03-2018, 06:24 PM
I've currently got stock rotors with bendix General CTs as I was told their very good as they don't wear as quick or sqeal. But I can't really afford DBA slotted for a daily but it would be a good investment. I noticed that N15 rotors are 257mm compared to the 252mm on the N14, would they just fit right in or would you have to change the caliper as well?

PhilSSStevenson
29-03-2018, 09:52 AM
You will need N15 callipers.