PDA

View Full Version : Gears hard to select!

SSSCORZA
09-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Hey guys.

Recently when driving my N14 the gears have been very hard to select. I need to change shifter bushings as there is a lot of slop in them. Particularly selecting first gear is hard meaning that I have to physically force the gear in but I don't and double clutch until it's somewhat easier but it does this for most of the gears and it's even worse when downshifting. I was also told that the clutch could need adjusting which is an easy fix but not sure. The car has 340k but am hoping the gearbox isn't failing but I haven't checked the fluid level but I was thinking that it could be low but again not sure. Any advice would be much appreciated on how to fix this issue.

Regards Corey

PhilSSStevenson
10-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Here tizz dude. Good luck.

http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?697-Shifter-linkage-bushing

Cozzm0
11-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Does it grind going into reverse ?

SSSCORZA
26-03-2018, 07:32 PM
I read the thread and adjusted the cable and now it shifts perfectly but when I was looking under the car I thought the shifter bushes were done but they're not. There's two bushes on the selector rod to the gear box but I'm not sure why but it's possible the previous owner had completely gotten rid of the bushes that connect to the other link on the gear box as there's none and has a lot of slop( the small bushes that you need four of). I know Nissan don't sell those bushes anymore so I might have to make my own solid ones unless you guys can find some online for me as that would be much appreciated. Corey