PDA

View Full Version : Lucino inside tail light wiring

MdMa
18-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Managed to get myself a set of Lucino tail lights..

The green wire on the inside/boot lights coming out of the white plug and the light bulb socket aren't connected to anything.. is this how it's supposed to be?

Leroy Peterson
20-07-2017, 08:22 AM
From memory, the grey globe plug is the reverse light? the green plug is for parkers?

I dont remember exactly how they usually look, but Australian pulsars never had parkers in the boot, so you're going to have to run your own wires to it anyway. Did you buy them off someone in Aus?
Looking at that sealant, looks like those have been separated for some reason, then re-sealed.

MdMa
20-07-2017, 09:37 AM
From memory, the grey globe plug is the reverse light? the green plug is for parkers?

No idea...

Did you buy them off someone in Aus?

Yep, someone locally.

He seemed legit and assured me they were plug and play... but of course, seeing these wires has raised some doubts.

Anyone else care to confirm on deny?

Leroy Peterson
20-07-2017, 08:51 PM
http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?488-N15-Quad-Tail-Lights

Theres a pdf in that DIY thread with instructions on running wires for the quad light conversion

MdMa
21-07-2017, 07:47 AM
http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?488-N15-Quad-Tail-Lights

Theres a pdf in that DIY thread with instructions on running wires for the quad light conversion

Umm... so what you're saying is that the stock inner lights are dummies and don't actually work?!?

I just assumed they were functional!

Thanks Leroy :cool:

Leroy Peterson
21-07-2017, 09:38 AM
haha nope.
Just chuck your new lights in, plug them in. Make sure the reverse lights work, then whenever you get around to it, hook up some new wires to the other globe.

Cozzm0
23-07-2017, 12:29 PM
The sealant will always look like that because its the sealant that seals it to the body. The Sealant that seals the light is on the other side (lens side).

You need to run the wire. You can actually tap into the parker light wire for the number plate lights to avoid having to run an extra wire into the hatch if you really want.

MdMa
05-08-2017, 08:12 PM
haha nope.
Just chuck your new lights in, plug them in. Make sure the reverse lights work, then whenever you get around to it, hook up some new wires to the other globe.

Finally got them installed... Plug and play as advertised!

I didn't bother with the "quad" mod, but may in the future..

You can actually tap into the parker light wire for the number plate lights to avoid having to run an extra wire into the hatch if you really want.

Good idea!

Thanks guys!