PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for N15 owners/gurus

SIK
12-05-2017, 12:55 AM
Hey guys, I picked up a SSS today and have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. Does a full size factory alloy fit where the spare goes?

2. Can the white background dash cluster be swapped over for a black one and if so could I keep my kms the same as it is now?

3. What would cause the indicator to turn off nearly as soon as you start turning but the stalk stays in position until you end the turn?

4. What is the thread pitch of the gear knob? (all the leather is hanging off mine)

5. What do the buttons infront of the window switches do? (one of mine is sunk all the way in and can't be pressed)

Cheers for any info 👍

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Leroy Peterson
12-05-2017, 09:25 AM
1. SSS came with 5 alloy wheels, so a stock wheel will fit.

2. Maybe, but would be more hassle than its worth. Would have to take dash apart. The lower spec black ones are homo, and auto ones probably dont come with rpm either.

5. From memory one of the "buttons" is stuck and not used for anything. I believe it was for electric folding mirrors on jdm models.

Cozzm0
12-05-2017, 03:04 PM
5. This is for door lock on the JDM models (doesn't work on Aussie models even if you fit the JDM panel).

SIK
12-05-2017, 05:37 PM
Cheers everyone for all the info.

I think the white gauges look tacky/rice, but the real problem is around dawn and dusk I find I can't read the speedo if I have the lights on. I thought there might be a identical version in black for the non SSS but maybe not.

sss4me
12-05-2017, 06:38 PM
yes.
never seen a black one, but s1 dash wont work easy.very hard in fact.
replace it
10x1.25
central locking on jdm models, not ours

Leroy Peterson
13-05-2017, 08:54 AM
Cheers everyone for all the info.

I think the white gauges look tacky/rice, but the real problem is around dawn and dusk I find I can't read the speedo if I have the lights on. I thought there might be a identical version in black for the non SSS but maybe not.

Perhaps change the globes in the dash to a brighter colour. White or red would work well. I dont know the sizes but assuming around the T5, 5.5 or 6 mark
Its pretty easy to do once you confirm the size and source the globes

SIK
13-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys, it sucks about the dash. Yeah I'll have to coloured LED's I guess, it's the white dial with white light behind it that I can't see at a certain time of day when the brightness of them is close to the same.

Leroy Peterson
14-05-2017, 02:22 PM
There's a dimmer switch to the right of the steering wheel FYI (just in case you haven't adjusted it to full brightness yet)

SIK
14-05-2017, 02:49 PM
There's a dimmer switch to the right of the steering wheel FYI (just in case you haven't adjusted it to full brightness yet)
Yep its on full brightness, cheers.