PDA

View Full Version : High beam dash light stays on, then dims.

yakabot
09-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Start car this morning, turn on headlights and blue high beam light on dash lights up. Normal beams are in, high beam switches on and off and works when flashing, but the blue light stays on. After about 5 minutes it started dimming and went out after about 20 minutes or so.
No idea where to start with this one.
Light may have been lit even with just parkers on, but can't remember.
Thanks for any direction to fix this one up.

Cozzm0
09-05-2017, 03:49 PM
I'd start with checking (visually) the globes and see if the filament has dropped onto one of the other wires inside. This happens in tail lights too. the filament breaks, ends up touching the other one and causes a semi-short.

yakabot
09-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Thanks. Didn't happen when I started the car to come home. Hopefully it'll all be okay until I can check all the globes on the weekend.

SIK
12-05-2017, 12:57 AM
Could have been something conductive touching the circuit track on the back of the cluster?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

yakabot
12-05-2017, 04:43 AM
Whatever it was, it's gone. All globes outside car are working, and pulling the cluster out sounds too hard, unless it happens again.

yakabot
20-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Update. Sorry for the late reply. Forgot about it. Turns out one headlight connection was/is loose and must have moved back in to correct position. However one of the pins in the plug had melted a bit making it more loose. Cable tie now holds pressure on it to keep the connection working.
Was at the wreckers the other day and knew there was something else I needed.
Will probably have to buy some original rims from a wreckers, so I'll get a plug then.