PDA

View Full Version : EGR Delete Questions

mezje
02-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Hey guys, I am installing extractors and removing the EGR system.

I have the system out, but on the vacuum valve 'UFO' thing on the right there is a bunch of lines coming out of it going to; injectors, intake and by the looks of it that black canister below the intake. Do I remove all of these along with it?

I am a bit lost about what needs to go, I have made the block off plates and got something to plug the intake tube but what about the rest of em?

Cozzm0
02-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Just do the block off plate and put everything back on. That way it doesn't look as obvious that you removed emissions gear.

mezje
03-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Whole reason I am am deleting it is to clean up the bay though. The fact it might run better is just a bonus.

http://www.sr20-forum.com/general-maintenance/24765-egr-delete-information.html

Referring to this, I have everything now blocked off and got new vac line but unsure where to route them. It seems the fuel pressure one leads to the intake duct so I was planning on just routing those in to one another. The 2 that confuse me are the ones that go from the thing below the TB. also the one that leads to the EGR valve on top of the intake manifold, now that is closed do I just block off one end as it is the only 'closed' loop now...

Got a mechanic mate coming round to sus it tonight so hopefully I can finish it.

Side note, SSAC extractors are a pain to install, hard to get any sort of spanner on the nuts/bolts on the flange due to the welds and lack of space... My knuckles now hate me

Martin
23-04-2017, 08:07 PM
The thing below the throttle body is a solenoid, part of the EGR canister stuff, leave it there cos I think the ECU goes into limp mode without it - but remove all the air lines and block them at the manifold.

The air line to the fuel pressure regulator is very important - leave that alone.

Delete the EGR & BPT valves, delete the carbon canister, the metal pipe from the exhaust to the inlet, the hard and soft air lines, etc

Cozzm0
24-04-2017, 01:17 PM
ECU won't know or care about the purge solenoid being gone but you do need it for the vapours from the fuel take to be safely delt with unless you block all that stuff off too (not recommended i don't think).

There are actually very very few things that will put a pulsar ECU into limp mode. one is no AFM connected and the other is a CAS fault.

Martin
24-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Thanks - I've removed the canister, EGR, BST and blocked everything off - track car however

mezje
09-05-2017, 11:10 AM
I can confirm after looking at many diagrams online and getting myself more and more confused I just ripped the ****er off and looked at what went where and rerouted accordingly, all is good now and the car is running well! Ended up keeping the charcoal cannister though.

Snowdude
30-08-2017, 08:20 PM
About to install extractors now, how is everyone "blocking everything off"?? Im thinking I need to make a plate to go over where the metal pipe goes into the inlet manifold from the exhaust manifold but how much of that other stuff can be removed?? Car is khanacross car only and will never see the road again. Thanks for your help

Martin
30-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Yes, metal block off plates

Everything can be removed - see previous posts