PDA

View Full Version : Towbar for a 99 model?

yakabot
16-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Are pulsars able to tow a trailer? May sound like a dumb question, but I've always had big cars like falcons or commodores with a tow bar so it's never been a problem. However, may be getting rid of the missus falcon soon for a smaller car, and that left me wondering how to get my 6x4 cage trailer to the tip once a month.
Are towbars available for my old pulsar and what weight could it tow? (Unbraked trailer) Thanks.

Cozzm0
16-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Yeh i tow no problems. Large enclosed trailers become a problem on the freeway due to wind resistance, but smaller caged trailers with a load are no problemo.

Get a genuine nissan towbar though is my recommendation, higher rating, plug and play harness from the tail lights, great as a rear chassis brace too. Used cost about 100 bucks, makes sure its complete with tongue and ball, wiring harness etc.

Cozzm0
16-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Small trailer

yakabot
16-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Thanks Cozzm0. When you say get a Nissan one, do you mean get it installed from a Nissan dealer?

Cozzm0
16-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Nah i got mine used from a wrecked car, but was given the opportunity to remove it myself (thanks Dareya ) so i got all the parts for complete fitment. All too often i see them for sale without the tongue and ball or without the loom, or 'just need a few bolts' which pretty much makes them worth nothing. If it doesn't have:

Towbar
Tongue, ball and bolts.
bolts and plates for the left and right side chassis rail fitting.
Circular plate for the centre / bottom wheel well (nissan ones tie in under the wheel well for extra strength)
loom that plugs into the LHS tail light (and RHS for indicator) and goes through a grommet in the floor to the flat connector.

I wouldn't buy it. I would pay a maximum of $150 for a complete genuine one.

The only mod i had to do (modify) was to a bit of plastic on the bumper bar that was touching the tow bar, it just needed a minute or two with the dremel to cut it so it cleared.

So many cars getting wrecked on facebook all the time, every now and again a tow bar pops up, but often missing some parts.

My personal preference is always for genuine options or accesories. Nothing wrong with an aftermarket tow bar, but i just like how the genuine stuff always seems to fit and never gives trouble.

N15_BEN
20-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Can anyone tell me why everyone selling towbars says they won't fit the sss? I'm considering getting a towbar for my completely standard n15 sss but want to be sure it'll fit.

Cozzm0
20-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Because they're stupid ?

N15_BEN
20-10-2016, 02:04 PM
As is usually the case haha

Cozzm0
20-10-2016, 03:04 PM
I just can't think of anything that would be different at all body wise to not allow it to be fitted. I mean i have one on my SSS and it fits.. soo....

N15_BEN
20-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Do you have a standard exhaust?

Cozzm0
21-10-2016, 02:19 AM
Do you have a standard exhaust?

Yup stock exhaust.