PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Pulsar Q rear brake disc and caliper issue.

Halfpint
15-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Hi all,
We have had a rear caliper hand brake stick on at some stage and its destroyed the rear disc. Pad ended up metal on metal.
Looking on places like eBay etc, none of the N13 discs look the same?
The one I have seems to be one piece with the drive hub/wheel bearing assembly?
It is a solid disc, not dimpled or an air gap between faces etc.
Am I missing something or was there something different fitted around this time?

A caliper seal kit seems the easy part, sorting what disc assembly seems the tricky bit.

Thanks
Halfpint.

Cozzm0
15-08-2016, 06:15 PM
The disc will most certainly be separate. But it might be rusted in place like its one piece.

Halfpint
17-08-2016, 03:41 PM
The disc will most certainly be separate. But it might be rusted in place like its one piece.

Thanks Cozzm0,
Sure doesnt want to seperate anywhere? Its been soaking in Penetrate for 2 days and still wont smack apart :mad:
I'll keep trying tomorrow.

HP

Cozzm0
17-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Yeh i've actually destroyed rotors on my mates VW Golf removing them because they were so stuck on the hub. Smashing it with a 2lb hammer put massive dents in the rotor itself. There was no other way to get them off, but we didn't care about the damage because they were being replaced, but it was not ideal.

There are sometimes screw holes in the front of the rotor face near the studs, this is designed so you can screw a screw into it, and 'push' the rotor off the hub, but not all rotors have that 'feature'.

Halfpint
17-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Found it :rolleyes:
Its a DBA606
https://www.autobarn.com.au/dba-single-street-series-standard-sp03815-dba606

Just looks so different to most of the models around that time ( The normal top hat type).

HP

Cozzm0
17-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Well that is weird, i have never seen it like that before. Sorry for steering you wrong there mate. Looks like you need to remove the centre axle nut to remove it..!?!

Halfpint
17-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Well that is weird, i have never seen it like that before. Sorry for steering you wrong there mate. Looks like you need to remove the centre axle nut to remove it..!?!

No worries at all dude.
Threw me big time because everything was different to what I had on my bench.
Seems that this model shared bits with an EXA . No idea why, but its just good to find the right bits to order.
Cheers guys, and keep up the good work supporting each other. It only takes a helping word sometimes to get/keep us on track ;)
Halfpint