PDA

View Full Version : BC coilovers

Hitmanuncut
06-08-2016, 06:59 PM
To anyone that may have these installed on your N14 what is your overall opinion of them as a street and track day setup?

Leroy Peterson
07-08-2016, 12:07 PM
I recommend BC for value because there is local support, they're rebuildable and not super firm (from my experience in different cars running BCs).
The pulsar challenge guys may have some more input on the yellowspeeds.

Cozzm0
07-08-2016, 02:05 PM
I'm still convinced that most of the asian brand coilovers are made from the same parts with different coloured mounts and stickers and different valving inside. I've only pulled BC's apart thus far as i haven't found any yellow speed, XYZ etc coilovers cheap enough. (if anyone has or knows of any let me know!)

Still good value for money either way.

Martin
08-08-2016, 06:41 AM
I know for a fact that D2 are the main company and they produce the K-Sport range

The YellowSpeed work ok
I don't think they are specific to the Pulsar, they don't have the brake line holders in the right place
The biggest problem is attaching your rear sway bar,
don't use the YellowSpeed fittings, they rotate around and then cut the side wall of your tyre!
This then creates a problem - how to attach the rear sway bar - it's not a bolt on solution
But many of the N14's had a tiny rear sway bar - you can just remove it all together

Cozzm0
08-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Picking up a set of "Pedders XA" coilovers tonight, i'm sure they're BC's too, an autopsy will confirm.