PDA

View Full Version : 32A Gearbox and PAR gearset dramas

Ethanolaholic
01-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Okay so after having my straight cut gearset with synchro engagement and nismo 1.5 way for not quite a long time, I've since discovered the case hardening has started to come off some of the gears. Even though it was second hand when I bought it, even a much older factory gearset doesn't have this issue.
So just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue with the decline in quality from PAR themselves?

In the same gearbox I have also managed to snap the 5th gear synchro in half and chip a tooth off of the crownwheel. So safe to say I'm not having the greatest luck with gearboxes
seen as the car is making around the 200Kw mark which I did not think was getting anywhere near the limits of the gearset.

TL;DR
Smashing too much box and not having a fun time doing it.

Ethanolaholic
01-06-2016, 07:30 AM
1351 1352 1353
Pics

Leroy Peterson
01-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Hmmm my gearset is a pretty old one and haven't had any issues with it (fingers ****ing crossed) but when new it was sent back a number of times due to issues, and from I was told it more had to do with assembly rather than parts quality.
I know a few others have had issues too, just not sure if it was parts specific.

If mine ever dies I will probably search for an alternative.

Cozzm0
01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
I had a very early version gearset (with the stock size input shaft splines) and 4th gear was showing signs of pitting when i sold it (disclosed to the buyer).