PDA

View Full Version : GA16DE Performance Mods

Kayahan Macbeths Karpaz
25-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Hey everyone, I just bought another 1992 nissan pulsar gli*red* with 75thoukms on the clock, absolutely mint condition, been garaged most of its life by the looks of it but its got a nice strong and tight gearbox and strong and healthy motor. I'm just wondring if there are any performance mods for the GA16DE? Ones that are available nowdays much prefered aha. Ive done some research in reading other threads, but most of em have been americans and whatnot so I'm not sure if their builds are any good for my aus model one, if there are any differences at al. I have a 2 inch hi-tech extrators/one piece exhaust system frommy donor grey gli that im going to put onto the red gli. But just chasing some more power, wether NA or DET? Or is it just better to go with a SR20DET engine conversion? :)

Any reply or help is greatly appericated and thank you everyone for reading this and taking time to answer.

Cozzm0
25-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Don't spend another cent on the GA, just get an SR20 and throw it in if you want power upgrades. You can add a turbo the even then the results aren't usually that impressive and the lack of support for performance parts centred on the GA16 mean that everything you do/get has to be custom made or modified to fit right (which is a lot of the case with any modified car i guess).

Kayahan Macbeths Karpaz
25-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Yeah Im most likely going the sr20det route, just kinda really sucks that there's no supporting mods for them really cause I honestly like the motor, nice fun punch I reckon but yeah definitely want to go turbo and have alot more fun aha :)