PDA

View Full Version : GTiR to N15 wiring help

GTI
03-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Ok so its been over 10 years since I've done an engine swap, all the info we had is lost, and I cant remember for the life of me the right way to do this.

I think you had to make 1 loom out of a mix of the gtir loom and n15 loom? But the base was the n15 loom with some connections taken from the gtir loom??

ok so what I think:

Use the n15 distributor - n15 loom
swap over the n15 sensors (water, oil, etc) - n15 loom
use rnn14 injector connectors and replace the n15 injector connectors - but had to wire in some resistors because of different impedance? I've found a spare set of resistors in my sr20 museum (the garage :D )
Does anyone know exactly which line on the injectors the resistors get soldered in?

Also I remember there being something different about the O2 sensor between the two looms. I think the rnn14 has the sensor run on the other side of the car and connect differently. Anyone help out here?

I'm hoping to start on the wiring this week, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Cozzm0
04-04-2016, 11:23 AM
You're pretty much spot on. injector harness just check the service manuals ( www.gtirworkshopmanual.com ) for correct wiring .
Match the O2 sensor to the ECU you're using. It is in a slightly different position to the N/A sensor as its after the turbo in the dump, you'll probably need to extend the wiring a little maybe. The GTI-R sensor is a different "type" of sensor that gives a different "signal" to regular sensors so it won't work with other ecus and regular (more common sensors) won't work on a GTI-R ECU.