PDA

View Full Version : SR20VET Conversion

kww79
05-12-2015, 12:04 AM
Hi all, great to be back.

I've done the SR20DET conversion (from a PNW11 Avenir) into my N15 a couple of years back and use it as my daily driver. Really reliable, very fuel efficient and am just over the moon with it.

So my next project is SR20VET (from an X-trail GT) into an N15. I assume someone has done this conversaion before? Anything to look out for?

I've got the engine and have some RS5F70V gearboxes on their way from the states, which I'll use with the engine. I'll have a couple for sale down the track if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts.

sss4me
05-12-2015, 06:42 AM
refreshing to see someone not hung up on the cost of things. not much to do with a factory vet. fmic.big clutch.radiator.maybe a standalone ecu if your keen.

the 70v gearbox will need the shifter linkages extended to fit. consider a mfactory helical diff for it.

BaronVonKebabalot
06-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Will be baller! I'm using a VET factory exhaust manifold and heat shield and they're great. Hope this helps :)
Otherwise, VET is complicated with fly by wire throttle etc. Cozzmo will know more. I'd be more inclined to suggest turboing a 20VE. It works great.

Do you have a price in mind for the 70V boxes? I could definitely be interested in a spare for the right price and I know a couple of other interested parties.

kww79
06-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Will be baller! I'm using a VET factory exhaust manifold and heat shield and they're great. Hope this helps :)
Otherwise, VET is complicated with fly by wire throttle etc. Cozzmo will know more. I'd be more inclined to suggest turboing a 20VE. It works great.

Do you have a price in mind for the 70V boxes? I could definitely be interested in a spare for the right price and I know a couple of other interested parties.

cheers, pm sent

kww79
06-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the input so far guys, it's what this forum is all about...sharing ideas. The VET will be a bit of a challenge for someone like me, i'm no expert by any means. But I'm keen and in no hurry to do this one. The one thing I want with this project is to take my time. The DET conversion was done on my daily driver so it was super rushed as I didn't have a car for a couple of months. I'm hoping the VET project will be done with a lot more precision and perfection.

Leroy Peterson
06-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Awesome stuff, any pictures of the engine? Was it sourced in sourced in Japan from a half cut?
Do you know of anyone else who has played with these engines?

SSS_Hoon
07-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Also maybe interested in the 70v once they arive, cash depending.

I 2 run a w11 as my daily.

A vet would be awesome.

kww79
08-12-2015, 06:23 AM
Awesome stuff, any pictures of the engine? Was it sourced in sourced in Japan from a half cut?
Do you know of anyone else who has played with these engines?

I will get pictures next time I am out at the farm where the engine is sitting for now. I had the opportunity to buy a cut, but decided the extra $1200 for the cut wasn't going to be much of an advantage so I ended up buying engine, loom, ecu package. The cut had more k's on it. Guy I bought it off said he had only come across 4 in the past two years and said they are rare. From what I had read they ran right up until 2007 so still reasonably late model to be wrecking. This confused me as I though the SR20 ended in 2002 (W11 Avenir). Anyway hope no one is in a hurry to see the progress cause I progress at glacial pace!

kww79
08-12-2015, 06:26 AM
Also maybe interested in the 70v once they arive, cash depending.

I 2 run a w11 as my daily.

A vet would be awesome.

I've been really happy with my 70V i'm running in my DET. Unfortunately they are not cheap. Some of the prices they are asking for them in the states are just ridiculous! and the local freight over there is about double what we pay here :( Anyway I'll let people know when they arrive.

kww79
08-12-2015, 06:31 AM