PDA

View Full Version : Gtir engine swap into n15 sss

Dcooke
02-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Hey i have tried looking everywhere could someone please help me out.
Im looking at buying complete gtir engine but am unsure of what else will be needed for the conversion.
I plan on starting with standard boost ect and going from there any help would be great ..
Thanks

sss4me
02-12-2015, 06:18 PM
worth looking at nistune for your ecu if you want to modify things later. consider a decent new clutch. maybe front mount intercooler kit. pretty sure you have to do something to the injectors too for a gtir motor to work properly in a n15 aus spec. consider a lsd for the gearbox.26mm radiator.

Boosted VLAD
02-12-2015, 06:34 PM
I have done this conversion multiple times,
I really like the Gti-r engines a lot,

Here goes the shopping list:
Gti-r engine, complete with hot and cold side,
Loom, Ecu, Boost solenoid, Injector resistor box, Accelerator cable,
Bigger fuel pump
Front mount and piping kit
(N14 ONLY-if you want to keep the stock top mount, you would need the Gti-r bonnet)

Some wiring will have to be done,
The Exhaust will have to be mated up or upgraded,
The crossmember will have to have a section cut out of it so the upper sump doesn't hit it,
Your De flywheel holes will have to be drilled out 1mm to suit the larger gti-r crank bolts,

I'd also recommend:
You use a heavy duty clutch,
Make sure your brakes are up to scratch,
You have good tyres on the car

Final words:
This will also need to be engineered if you like insurance
Don't be surprised if you start breaking things (like 3rd gear)

Paullus
02-12-2015, 06:39 PM
http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?63-SR20DE-to-GTi-R-SR20DET-Conversion

http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?60-SR20DE-%28N14%29-to-SR20DET-%28U12%29-Engine-Conversion

Dcooke
02-12-2015, 06:44 PM
So if i buy complete gtir engine fmic clutch nistune injectors i should be good?? I have slotted rotors new pads exhaist is no issue as thats what i do for work so fab work is no drama :) .
Would 8k be enough to do conversion ??

Boosted VLAD
02-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Would 8k be enough to do conversion ??
Because your in QLD and it's cheap to engineer, 8k would probably do 2 whole conversions as long as you do the labour and source the parts at a good price

You can leave the nistune and injectors for another day,
You dont need them for stock boost and they are both no harder to instal/change once in the car,
The stock gti-r injectors will work in there as long as you have the gti-r injector resistor box,

Dcooke
02-12-2015, 07:22 PM
I was looking a 3k for complete engine with start up warranty most the work besides electrical i can do myself

Dcooke
03-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Roughy how long does it take to have de out and det ,gearbox and car moveable again ?? If i have engine clutch flywheel ect