PDA

View Full Version : Ac regass

SSS_Hoon
27-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Hey, there used to be a member that did car ac regas.

Im in western syd and have just put my ac back in my car and would like some gas put in.

Where/who does the pga guys recomend. Will need a leak test if they do that.

Cheers

Damo

Ruddigger
27-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Yep , That would be me. But sorry i don't have time these days to work on the cars. Your best bet is just a good quality auto electrician.

SSS_Hoon
24-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Got it done mate, cost me $140. Seems ok so far.

Ruddigger
24-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Got it done mate, cost me $140. Seems ok so far.

Yer i think that sounds fair , never having to get someone to do it for me ( :P ) i wouldnt know the going rate. But i wouldnt say that was over the top assuming that they did good job.

Martin
24-11-2015, 02:08 PM
There is a private guy in Sutherland that does it - I'll have to find his business card

papa_smurf
24-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Last time I got mine done, by a joker in Prestons, cost me $140, gas was gone in 3 days, took it back to the place and the bloke said it needed a 'nitrogen leak down' that would cost me about $200 and any repair and regas.

Never took it back, assumed I was getting 'ripped-off', cause he should have done a leak test first time around by my thinking.

Anyone know someone DECENT around Liverpool, thanks.

Cozzm0
24-11-2015, 04:54 PM
The guy definitely should have vacuumed the system and ensured it would hold a vacuum before charging it Gary.

Ruddigger
25-11-2015, 09:12 AM
The guy definitely should have vacuumed the system and ensured it would hold a vacuum before charging it Gary.

Usually the guys doing the car A/C will go and buy a little trolley kit , This will come with the pump and all the rest of the gear. Not only that they are all buying 134a with the UV dye in it. The 134a that i get is competely clean and i have to add dye should i need it

Last time I got mine done, by a joker in Prestons, cost me $140, gas was gone in 3 days, took it back to the place and the bloke said it needed a 'nitrogen leak down' that would cost me about $200 and any repair and regas.

Never took it back, assumed I was getting 'ripped-off', cause he should have done a leak test first time around by my thinking.

Anyone know someone DECENT around Liverpool, thanks.

Usually when the system is Vac'ed out you can tell if there is a leak , Not only with a vac stat but just the sound of the pump. However some leaks will only show up under pressure hence using nitro to check, And its not like its hard to do that or expensive

This is what ****s me about the industry , There are so many cowboys out there. I can work on ships , planes , houses etc however i would have to go back and do a ****ty 6 week course to be legally allowed to touch car AC as its a motor mech course. It even goes as far as tell me on my license im not to touch car AC

SSS_Hoon
25-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Oh really didnt know that about the not being allowed to touch car ac, thats just silly.

Yeah he had his little trolley thing with the light and a bunch of other stuff. He added the dye from a syrange it wasnt in the gas. He also added the oil from a syrange.

Used his light and orange glasses to look for leaks. Soent about a hour there checking it all over n over to make sure was all good. He did a better job then the last place lol. That was 8+ years ago.

I also made sure he didnt use that cheap **** gas grtting around either.

Ruddigger
25-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Oh really didnt know that about the not being allowed to touch car ac, thats just silly.

Yeah he had his little trolley thing with the light and a bunch of other stuff. He added the dye from a syrange it wasnt in the gas. He also added the oil from a syrange.

Used his light and orange glasses to look for leaks. Soent about a hour there checking it all over n over to make sure was all good. He did a better job then the last place lol. That was 8+ years ago.

I also made sure he didnt use that cheap **** gas grtting around either.

He sounds good , Keep his number

SSS_Hoon
25-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Yeah i did.

He wasnt actually the guy I called. He was busy and sent this guy instead.

He didnt wanna come at first when he found out it was a n14. As apparently they are a pita. But he was happy and said i did a good job.