PDA

View Full Version : Report all bugs/problems/suggestions here!

Paullus
10-10-2015, 05:45 PM
As this forum is brand spankin' new, we're still working through all the bugs and mods and can't be everywhere at once to test features.

If you encounter an error, problem, or have a suggestion on how to improve an item or workflow please post it here with the following:

Summary of the problem/suggestion

How it was encountered/can you replicate it?

Links to possible reasons/solutions

I'm still adding some the previous mods and new ones, so don't panic if something is missing; it's probably on my never ending To Do list.Cheers

Dareya
14-10-2015, 01:50 PM
My suggestion is to have aseparate section for donating members like before,because in life nothing is for free and if you want info or to sell stuff it should be to financial members only.These types of sites don't exist for free so to help run it people should invest I reckon.Fair dinkum people will have no problem paying I think because they have a true interest in Pulsars?I am happy to hear otherwise if people dis agree I just want to see it last into the future :) cheers

sss4me
14-10-2015, 03:21 PM
the how-to section needs to go in a a-z order. surely that cant be too hard? what it is needs to front the thread. eg "Cam-gears...how to" in the "c'' section.
the motor section needs changing.
sr20de
sr20ve/vet
sr20det
mr16ddt/mr16
ga16/18.
ca18.

a big thank you for the photo downloader. how good is that...finally.

sss4me
15-10-2015, 06:14 PM
sometimes the attachments dont load as pictures. i noticed it yesterday, and other members build thread today has the same issue

Paullus
15-10-2015, 06:20 PM
sometimes the attachments dont load as pictures. i noticed it yesterday, and other members build thread today has the same issue

Can you provide more information please? Does it just have a link to the attachment?

EDIT: Don't worry I found a thread where it's happening. http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?221-Aaron-s-N14-SR20DET-SSS

(http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?221-Aaron-s-N14-SR20DET-SSS)EDIT2: Can't see any obvious errors or problems. Am switching attachment storage from db to file system.

Dareya
15-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Is there a problem with the Donation button because it doesn't allow you too?

Ruddigger
15-10-2015, 07:40 PM
No more apples in the vending machine please!!!

Paullus
15-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Is there a problem with the Donation button because it doesn't allow you too?

Correct. We're in the process of setting it up (with instant trading post/tech article/reference library access after donation. Should be working in the next day or so

SSS_Hoon
16-10-2015, 03:49 PM
For some reason the remember me option wont work for me on my pc or my phone.

mad082
16-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Is it possible to update the car models in the garage at all? I have a 2013 pulsar st-s but there is no option for it, just the st, st-l and sss. Also there is no mr16ddt engine option either (so I just used the "4 cylinder forced induction" option)

mad082
16-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Ok, so I found how to add the engine models, etc. I accidentally typed in the mr16 engine on lower case though, so you could add it in caps if you wanted. And I submitted the st-s as a model request too.

Spectrix
16-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Thanks for that.

Paullus, you're proficient in vB garage coding, no? ^

Paullus
17-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Vehicles are easy, I'll fix this and a few other problems in the next day or two

Paullus
17-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Ok I've fixed the capitalisation of MR16DDT and added ST-S to the trims.

I've also tinkered with the cookie settings. If you are having trouble logging in (essentially locks you out) please contact me on Facebook or post in the PGA FB group.

Spectrix
19-10-2015, 02:43 AM
the how-to section needs to go in a a-z order. surely that cant be too hard? what it is needs to front the thread. eg "Cam-gears...how to" in the "c'' section.

I've been looking into this. We have an option in the forum control panel which can change the default thread view for a particular forum.
For future reference in the forum backend this is listed under Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Edit Forum > Default Sort Field / Default Sort Order

I think this is probably a good idea for the technical section along with titling thread names as you suggest.

You can also sort the thread view easily yourself with the options at the bottom of the page -

Thread Display Options > Sort threads by: and Order threads in > Ascending Order

Spectrix
19-10-2015, 02:53 AM
I'd also like to implement the ability to tag a user in a post, for instance I would have tagged Paullus and Cozzm0 in the above post to get their opinion on the subject.

Here's a link (https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242734) to a vB mod written by DragonByte Tech that allows mentioning / tagging. With this mod the tagged user gets a notification with a link to the post that they're mentioned in; similar to the mention system on facebook.

Paullus
19-10-2015, 11:16 AM

I've purposely set up thread prefixes in the tech section to help categorise threads based on their content. You can use the thread display tools at the bottom (on the full site) to "filter" which threads you see.

EDIT: Thanks Joey for the screenshot; didn't see it when I was on Tapatalk

If the consensus wants A-Z sorting and thread renaming then we can do that too.

Cozzm0
19-10-2015, 01:02 PM
A-Z thing is a good idea if you know what you're looking for, but there still needs to be a way to show users the most recent additions somehow. I guess its one or the other as probably most wouldn't know how to adjust the sorting order.

Paullus
19-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Spectrix I have installed the tagging mod.

Spectrix
19-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Paullus; Thank you good sir.

Edit Paullus. Seems to be working without the semicolon. Rad.

Paullus
20-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Ok I've fixed the capitalisation of MR16DDT and added ST-S to the trims.

I've also tinkered with the cookie settings. If you are having trouble logging in (essentially locks you out) please contact me on Facebook or post in the PGA FB group.

Anyone having issues with the cookies now that I've tinkered with the settings? My browser seems to be staying logged in since I made the changes :)

sss4me
26-10-2015, 06:59 PM
be good if the "insert image" from peoples photos made pictures a little big bigger, like say photobucket does. fries what your upsize!

Paullus
26-10-2015, 08:10 PM
be good if the "insert image" from peoples photos made pictures a little big bigger, like say photobucket does. fries what your upsize!

Que?

Attachments are set at a max dimension of 800x800 and filesize of 150kB to keep storage requirements down. I could probably push the dimensions out a bit, but if there's a constant need for high res images we'll have to discuss our options, or have them hosted elsewhere e.g. imgur.

Spectrix
27-10-2015, 04:21 AM
I've changed the onsite attachments to a 1024 pixel limit for jpeg.
I'd prefer we kept the images on site to ensure they remain active and if we start to push bandwidth or storage limits we can upgrade plans.

The insert image tags themselves shouldn't have any effect on bandwidth if the photo is pre existing as it's effectively a link.

DaPulsarMan90
28-10-2015, 06:00 AM
Who & how much is the donation to become a full member. I used to be a paid up member years ago but left about 5 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paullus
28-10-2015, 08:51 AM
We're still figuring out exactly what perks a VIP member gets and how long that lasts, but in the meantime you can use the Contribute button at the top of the page to make a donation and be upgraded from a Brownie to a VIP.

AlmeraGTi
12-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Hi guys, if I want to introduce my car, why I can't post a thread in project cars section?

Paullus
13-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Hi guys, if I want to introduce my car, why I can't post a thread in project cars section?

There shouldn't be any issue with creating a thread in that section. Are you getting an error? Make sure you're actually going into the Members Build Threads & Introductions (http://pulsar.org.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-Members-Build-Threads-amp-Introductions)sub-forum, and not to the Members Area "section".

AlmeraGTi
22-11-2015, 09:33 PM
There shouldn't be any issue with creating a thread in that section. Are you getting an error? Make sure you're actually going into the Members Build Threads & Introductions (http://pulsar.org.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-Members-Build-Threads-amp-Introductions)sub-forum, and not to the Members Area "section".

still have an error message when try to start a 3d in "members builds threads & introduction" sub forum :(

Paullus
23-11-2015, 07:39 PM
still have an error message when try to start a 3d in "members builds threads & introduction" sub forum :(

I'm not quite sure how this is only happening to you and not others, and I can't replicate it with another account. I know I did have some issues early on when I was toying with forum URL domains and cookies and stuff. Perhaps try clearing your cache/history/cookies etc. Also when I copied text (intro thread from another vBulletin forum) from elsewhere I had issues too, like it had HTML code or an open tag and it was trying to do something else when I hit post. Try a test post with a few words first?

If all else fails I'll create a thread and change ownership to you.

AlmeraGTi
25-11-2015, 09:08 PM
ok ,now I posted a first message, pls you can change the title to "My almera N15 GTI" ?

SSS_Hoon
01-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Ok, not sure if correct section. Or if ita just my phone being a twat. But where is the forced/boosted section gone?

Paullus
02-12-2015, 07:50 AM
It's in Engine & Gearbox Specific

SSS_Hoon
02-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Ah so it is, looked everywhere but there lol.

Paullus
02-12-2015, 01:28 PM
No worries. I'm not sure if that will be the final place for it but it seemed the most logical at the time :)

SSS_Hoon
02-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Is it not setup to upload pics from mobiles?

Only gave me the option to take a pic not select from my gallery. Samsung s5.

Unless i was doing it wrong.

SSS_Hoon
02-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Is it not setup to upload pics from mobiles?

Only gave me the option to take a pic not select from my gallery. Samsung s5.

Unless i was doing it wrong.

I figured it out, need to select documents, then can select the image gallery from there.

Leroy Peterson
02-11-2016, 10:39 AM
trying to post a reply to a thread and keep getting the 404 Forbidden page...
Also is PGA not on Tappatalk anymore?

Thread: http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?761-Are-my-wheels-tyres-legal&p=3249#post3249

Paullus
02-11-2016, 06:56 PM
trying to post a reply to a thread and keep getting the 404 Forbidden page...
Also is PGA not on Tappatalk anymore?

Thread: http://pulsar.org.au/forums/showthread.php?761-Are-my-wheels-tyres-legal&p=3249#post3249

I'll fix the Tapatalk issue shortly.

As for the 404, I've had similar issues when I've copied and pasted text/tables etc from another source and I think there was code in the text which prevented the post from going through. What were you trying to post? Possible to get a screenshot?

Leroy Peterson
02-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Oh, I can see this on tappatalk now...
Yeah it was a link to vicroads, I didn't try posting without the link. Will give it a shot

Paullus
02-11-2016, 07:07 PM
I just updated Tapatalk now. They seem to update regularly but I receive no notification of the updates and the old version seems to stop working. I only find out when I get an email from Tapatalk saying there's an issue with the installation.

yakabot
03-11-2016, 05:54 AM
Only problem I have, is about 2 out if 3 times I come here, tapa talk asks me if I'm yakabot and my email here and wants to log me in again. Not a biggie, and does happen at 2 other sites, but just a problem to report for feedback.